Friday, October 23, 2009

Sweden

I went to Sweden for a week for work. It was bizzaro world compared to India. Everything was so clean, orderly, and expensive. It was so refreshing to breathe fresh air. I also really enjoyed the chocolate, but was not amused by the waiter who was disappointed in the fact that I didn't eat meat, fish or drink beer. "Do you at least eat bread?"

This was incredibly strange: within an hour of me being in the country I was walking down the street in the frigid temperatures of 30 degrees F and saw this unattended stroller outside a shop where no one was around. I assumed it was empty, but as I got closer I saw there was a real baby inside and the parents were inside the store near the door. I continued walking, then looked back to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I even waited a minute to see if the parents came out, but they didn't. I felt like I was on "What Would You Do" or candid camera or something.

 
Just in case you didn't figure it out, this is a sign. Inga, please tell me that "SIGN" means something in Swedish other than what we know in English.
 
 
These Swedes really like to state the obvious.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: