Friday, October 23, 2009

Problem-solving

I have visited Bangalore several times for work and a few weeks ago Dan visited so we could enjoy a weekend there. I went there a few days before Dan, and he met up with me. When I checked into the hotel, I asked if I could have a room with a double bed instead of two twins like they usually give me since Dan was joining me in a couple days. They said no double bed was available that night but that I could sleep in a room with twin beds for two nights, then shift to a room with a double bed on the third night with Dan. That was fine.

On the day Dan was joining me, I packed my bag to get ready to shift to another room ("shifting is what we call "moving"). I went downstairs and checked out of the one room and went to a meeting. I returned and they said the new room was not ready because it hadn't been cleaned. I said fine, I'll go have lunch. I come back after lunch, and they tell me I'm in the same room. I say, "what do you mean? I need a double bed." They said we have switched the bed so you have the same room. I repeated a few times because i was so in awe:
"You shifted the bed? Not the room? You shifted the entire bed?"
"Yes, madam."
"So......really? You shifted the whole bed? Same room?"
"yes, madam."

Sure enough, they had. I still don't understand where that bed came from, and why they didn't just give me another room where that bed must have come from. The icing on the cake was that the twin beds that were previously in the room were literally laying right outside my room in the hallway. There was no attempt to even put them neatly out of eyesight.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: