Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shopping

We went shopping in a great little market near our home. It's a little rough around the edges, so to speak. After heavy rains the road parallel to the market pretty much gets clogged with water and um.....some sewage. It makes for a great shopping trip as the aroma sticks around nearly permanently. If you can hold your breath though and manage to not fall off of the narrow paths between the storefronts on one side and the ditch filled with garbage, water and crap on the other side, you're in for some good deals and almost as close to one-stop shopping as you can get. Some of the paths in front of the storefronts are MUCH narrower than what you see here. I'm talking like 3-4 feet wide between the store and the huge ditch. Lose your balance and you're in for a CRAPPY day.



Haven't quite figured out if the ditch is due to construction or if it's a permanent state of affairs.



What's even more great about this little market is if you need to go to the bathroom, you can go right outside and enjoy the warm breeze. This restroom actually faces the very busy main road in front of the market. I'm pretty sure there are no doors on the stalls to the left.



We went through all this but finally got a coffee table and an office chair for Pooja!

2 comments:

Minh and Jake said...

Ok, I definitely want to stop by there when we come so I can urinate in public without the threat of arrest. Jacob

Pihlbhatt said...

If that's all you want, you don't NEED to go to this market because you can go anywhere! Seriously, any time I leave the house I see at least 2-3 guys marking their territory somewhere along my route. It's just the way it is.